Why Choose The Montessori Method?
The Montessori Method has been around for plenty of years. It was pioneered in the early 20th century by the first female Italian doctor, Maria Montessori.
The method came about when Dr. Montessori discovered many problems with the standard conventional teaching methods. She noticed that the traditional system was fighting the child’s nature instead of nurturing its potential.
The method was designed so that children develop their skills on their terms. It allows children the freedom to be who they are, discovers who they are, and decide who they can be.
Reasons why the Montessori Method could significantly help your child:
- One, it holistically educates your child.
- Two, it recognizes your child’s potential and nurtures it, providing opportunities for them to grow and unleash their creative potential.
- Three, because it is not about forcing anything on the child, it is less stressful for the child and for you.
- Four, the child develops a love for learning.
- Fifth, the child learns the initiative for learning.
- Sixth, this method helps children become more independent, not just in studying but also in functioning socially. They learn not just colors and counting, but how to do things for themselves.
Best of all, the child can grow up to be a productive member of society. They learn how to contribute to their community or home, even in small capacities.
These are just some of the list of benefits you and your child can gain from the Montessori Method.